- The three-finger toxin fold: a multifunctional structural scaffold able to modulate cholinergic functions. (2017) Kessler P, Marchot P, Silva M, Servent D. J Neurochem in press PMID:28326549
- Cyclic imine toxins from dinoflagellates: a growing family of potent antagonists of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. (2017) Molgo J, Marchot P, Araoz R, Benoit E, Iorga BI, Zakarian A, Taylor P, Bourne Y, Servent D. J Neurochem in press PMID:28326551
- NMR assignments of the GacS histidine-kinase periplasmic detection domain from Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1. (2017) Ali-Ahmad A, Bornet O, Fadel F, Bourne Y, Vincent F, Bordi C, Guerlesquin F, Sebban-Kreuzer C. Biomol NMR Assign in press PMID:27714507
- Structural insights into a family 39 glycoside hydrolase from the gut symbiont Bacteroides cellulosilyticus WH2 (2017) Ali-Ahmad A, Garron ML, Zamboni V, Lenfant N, Nurizzo D, Henrissat B, Berrin JG, Bourne Y, Vincent F. J Struct Biol 197 227-235 PMID:27890857
- The Hybrid Histidine Kinase LadS Forms a Multicomponent Signal Transduction System with the GacS/GacA Two-Component System in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. (2016) Chambonnier G, Roux L, Redelberger D, Fadel F, Filloux A, Sivaneson M, de Bentzmann S, Bordi C. PLoS Genet 12 e1006032 PMID:27176226
- Mechanisms involved in xyloglucan catabolism by the cellulosome-producing bacterium Ruminiclostridium cellulolyticum. (2016) Ravachol J, de Philip P, Borne R, Mansuelle P, Mate MJ, Perret S, Fierobe HP. Sci Rep 6 22770 PMID:26946939
Our research projects address the molecular architectures and functional mechanisms of carbohydrate-active enzymes (CAZymes), sensor domains and lectins, and of enzymes, receptors and cell adhesion molecules with a neurobiological interest.
The CAZymes govern the hydrolysis, conversion or recognition of sugar moieties from glycoconjuguates widely found in animals, fungi, plants and bacteria. These conjugates are involved in key biological processes such as development, fertilization, quality control of protein folding, host-pathogen recognition, immune response, and they can be linked to diseases such as neurodegenerative metabolic diseases. In collaboration with the “Glycogenomics” team we pay particular attention to those glycoside hydrolases that are of interest for biomedical and biotechnological applications.
We also address the function, recognition properties and structure of receptors, enzymes and adhesion molecules involved in central and peripheral neurotransmission, with particular interest for their structure-function relationships, specificity of partner and ligand recognition, conformational dynamics and functional regulation. In particular we have accumulated expertise in the study of the enzyme acetylcholinesterase and of the extracellular ligand-binding domain of the nicotinic receptor to acetylcholine whose malfunctioning has been correlated with neurodegenerative diseases, and to cell adhesion molecules structurally related to the cholinesterases or to other families of proteins and associated with developmental neuronal deficiencies.
Our methodological approaches involve recombinant protein expression in prokaryotic and eukaryotic systems and complementary biochemical, biophysical, functional and structural (X-ray crystallography and electron microscopy) characterization means.
Yves BOURNE (Senior researcher)
Pascale MARCHOT (Senior researcher)
Claire DEBARNOT (Engineer)
Marie-Julie DEJARDIN (Engineer)
Firas FADEL (Postdoctoral fellow)
Adeline GOULET (Researcher)
Maria MATE (Research engineer)
Lamia MEBARKI (Ph.D. student)
Semeli PLATSAKI (Postdoctoral fellow)
Gerlind SULZENBACHER (Research engineer)
Florence VINCENT (Researcher)
Véronique ZAMBONI (Assistant engineer)
Goetz Parsiegla, Assistant Professor, 2001-2010
Guillaume Ponchel, Master-2 and PhD student, 2008-May2012
Isabelle Mosnier, engineer assistant, Sept2011-Dec2012
Audrey Blanchard, study engineer, 2011-Aug2014
Nicolas Lenfant, postdoc/visitor INRA Montpellier, Jun2011-Dec2013
Supanee Potisopon, postdoc/research engineer, Oct-Dec2014
Aurélien Assice-Vivoni, study engineer, Sept 2015
Julie Baptiste, study engineer, Nov2015-Sept2016
Farida Nezliouli, Master-2 student, 2016
Ahmad Ali-Ahmad, Master-2 and PhD student, Sept2012-Oct2016